Sun Republic is committed to using only the highest quality raw and natural materials in our products which are environmentally friendly and sourced from Australian suppliers.
The Sun Republic Candle Collection are all individually made and hand poured using natural soy wax and prue lead free cotton wicks. All Candles are made from 100% Natural Eco Soy Wax, this natural soy wax contains no animal by product, chemicals, additives or paraffin. Soy wax is non-toxic,it burns cleaner, cooler and is longer lasting and water soluble. Soy wax is completely renewable and free of nasties.
Our candles are hand poured using clean soy wax
Did you know...
...Your candle has a memory... Yes that's right a memory, and its up to you to create that memory from the get go. The candle memory is formed from the very first burn, so it’s super important to follow the candle care tips, so your candle will last you as long as possible.
When lighting the candle, leave the candle burning until the pool of wax reaches the edge of the jar. This generally takes 2-3 hours depending on the size of your jar. It’s important to wait to extinguish the candle until this is achieved, as this form the 'Memory' of your candle.
If you don't let the wax reach the edge of the jar from the first burn, every other time your light your candle it will only reach the same point as your first burn, as this is all it remembers!.
The results of this will be that your candle will generally burn down the middle only, leaving a lot of excess wax you are unable to use and ultimately you will have to discard at the end.
To gain the best burn time from your favourite candle, ensure you let it burn to the edge and enjoy a longer lasting experience.
Candle Care in your home
When lighting your candle for the first time, burn candle until the wax melts across entire surface to the sides of the jar or vessel (An even melting pool), this prevents tunneling, and creates an even burn for the duration of the candle’s ‘life’ This may take up to 2-4 hours.
2. Trim wick to 5 mm before each burn to promote an even burn, steady flame and limit sooting/mushrooming of wick.
3. If soot forms on the inside of vessel, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Trim wick and re-light.
4. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
5. Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip wick into melted wax and then straighten wick to prevent smoking and also prevent hot wax from splattering. Do not blow out.
6. Drafts decrease burn time, cause uneven burning, smoking and diminished scent throw.
7. Efficient burning means flame is not flickering, teardrop-shaped and upright.
8. Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers or the flame becomes too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn’t controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before re-lighting.
Want to get your hands on our environmentally friendly candles? Follow the link here to purchase this beautiful product for your home. https://sunrepublic.com.au/products/coastal-collection-candles