Sun Republic is committed to using only the highest quality raw and natural materials in our products which are environmentally friendly and sourced from Australian suppliers.
The Sun Republic Candle Collection are all individually made and hand poured using 100% Natural Eco Soy Wax Wooden and lead-free, pure cotton wicks. This natural soy wax contains no animal by product, chemicals, additives or paraffin. Soy wax is non-toxic and burns cleaner and cooler. It is longer lasting, water soluble, completely renewable and free from nasties.
CANDLE CARE TIPS & SAFTEY
- Did you know your candle has a memory? The candle memory is formed from the very first burn. When lighting your candle for the first time, burn candle until the wax melts across entire surface to the sides of the jar or vessel (an even melting pool). This forms the 'memory' of your candle- it is the point the candle will remember to burn to. This process prevents candle tunnelling and creates an even burn for the duration of the candle’s ‘life’. This may take up to 2-4 hours.
- Trim wick to 5mm before each burn to promote an even burn, steady flame and limit sooting/mushrooming of wick.
- Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip wick into melted wax and then straighten wick to prevent smoking and also prevent hot wax from splattering. Do not blow out.
- Drafts decrease burn time, cause uneven burning, smoking and diminished scent throw.
- Efficient burning means flame is not flickering, teardrop shaped and upright
- Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn’t controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before re-lighting.
- Maximising scent throw – open windows/doors will disperse scent. For maximum fragrance keep closed and burn in desired space for 30 mins before entering.
Avoid exposure to direct sunlight as candles may become discoloured.
Always burn on a heat resistant surface using a candle dish or plate underneath decorative candle not in a jar to catch any excess wax
Never leave burning candles unattended.
Avoid placing burning candle near a fan, open window, draught etc..